Nicholson y Cano is one of the few law firms that has a highly qualified department that deals with environmental law. The lawyers in charge of this sector, with exclusive dedication on this area, have a vast experience advising important companies in the country and have well-known background on the academic area. The complex regulations in force require a specialized advice regarding Environmental Law and Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
At Nicholson y Cano, we offer legal advice in different fields, namely:
· Preventive legal counsel, and response to contingencies.
· Advice before potential claims (actions to remedy a spilling, to determine surveys and measures to be taken, etc.)
· Determination of compliance with environmental laws, legal audits in industrial plants, definition of the normative frame, obtention of permits and authorizations.
· Answer to the acts issued by Application Authorities in virtue of inspections; draft of administrative documents,; following up of administrative procedures with Application Authorities; draft and following up of administrative appeals.
· Carry out of all the aspects related to environmental litigation .
· Legal aspects of Reports, Environmental Impact Assessments and Legal Environmental Audits.
· Environmental Diagnostic. Environmental Legal Advice in procedures of "Due Dilligence" in general, especially in transactions of purchase and sale of shares, transfer of rights in general, contracts of purchase and sale, negotiation of environmental clauses of contracts of purchase and sale and of transfer of rights.
· Legal Advice for the certification of Voluntary Norms (For example: ISO 14.000, OSHAS, etc.)
· Normative updating. Development of periodically updatedregister of environmental regulations, witch includes, the applicable regulations; the Application Authority, a brief summarize of each regulation as regards their application to the company, the condition of fulfilment of such regulations by the company and the person responsible for the fulfilment of them at the plant.
· Training "in company" about the legal environmental aspects and about aspects of Health and Safety in the workplace.