Argentina is a leading world player in the agribusiness sector which has always been a pillar in Argentina’s economy and development.
Due to its competitiveness, the agribusiness sector in Argentina has been one of the most dynamic areas of the economy and has attracted material foreign investments in the past decades.
Agribusiness clients have been a cornerstone of Nicholson y Cano since its inception and the Firm takes pride of its track record advising market leaders in crop production (soybean, wheat, corn, sunflower), sugar, rice, beef, pork, fruits, dairy products, pulp & paper and tannin, as well as crops processing plants companies, distributors, importers, exporters and producers associations.
Nicholson y Cano serves local and international companies as well as foreign investors such as Private Equity Funds.
All our Practice Areas are deeply involved in our agribusiness clients’ operations and business:
- Foreign Investment. Foreign Exchange Regulations. Structures compliance with Foreign Ownership of Rural Land Regulations.
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestures of companies, ongoing concerns, assets and real estate.
- Investment and financing. Syndicated loans, pre-export financing, bonds, notes and equity issuances, private placements.
- Contracts. Leasing, joint production, joint operation and grazing agreements.
- Antitrust. Advising on the antitrust filings in connection with trading companies international mergers.
- Tax. Investment Tax Planning. Production Tax Planning. Tax Reimbursements. Tax Claims.
- Labor Matters. Individual and collective bargaining agreements.
- Environmental. Legal environmental audits, legal advice for standards certification and in-company training.
- Corporate Matters. We serve as board members or statutory auditors of these companies at a holding level.
“Nicholson y Cano is among the key players in the Argentine agribusiness market”. Chambers and Partners, 2015.
“The service is excellent, not only in their professionalism but also in their personal treatment. They are clear in their replies and provide alternative solutions”. Chambers and Partners, 2016.
“The firm is very responsive and takes the time to understand our issues to better advise us. The lawyers strictly adhere to deadlines”. Chambers and Partners, 2017.