Corporate and M&A
Nicholson y Cano counsels its clients on a wide number of complex and sophisticated local and international corporate matters and deals, providing comprehensive legal counseling in this area with permanent support to their clients from the beginning of the transaction, coordinating a varied number of practice areas of the firm such as antitrust, tax, environmental, labour and litigation, among others. In international transactions, the team works in cooperation with firms of foreign jurisdictions.
The services provided in Corporate matters include, the following:
- Registration, dissolution and liquidation of domestic and foreign companies.
- Planning and incorporation of Corporate Joint Ventures.
- Incorporation of civil associations and foundations.
- Daily advice on general corporate matters.
- Negotiation and implementation of Shareholders Agreements.
- General corporate representation for public and private corporations.
- Litigation on corporate disputes.
- Negotiation and drafting ordinary and complex commercial agreements, including distribution, franchise, license and sponsorship and other contracts related to the ordinary course of business.
- Advice related to habeas data.
“We have great respect for the firm. We have the full attention of the partners and receive speedy and knowledgeable replies”. Chambers and Partners, 2016.
“The quality of the services is very good. The team is always ready to provide solutions and the partners are attentive to their clients”.Chambers and Partners, 2017.
The services provided in M&A include, the following:
- Legal due diligence.
- Development of structures to comply with local law and to benefit from the most suitable tax treatment.
- Registration of foreign investors at local agencies.
- Drafting and negotiation of SPAs and corporate agreements.
- Drafting and negotiation of guarantees.
- Drafting and negotiation of Shareholder Agreements.
- Drafting and negotiation of Joint Ventures.
- Analysis related to the application of the Antitrust Law.
- Drafting and implementation of preventive and defensive measures against hostile takeover attempts.
“Well-trained lawyers capable of resolving all our legal problems. We greatly appreciatte the value the firm has added to our company over the years”. Chambers and Partners, 2013.
“The firm is characterized by its proactive approach, ability to execute a strategy and excellent working relationships with government bodies”. Chambers and Partners, 2014.